I traded in my old truck for a new model. Can I transfer my road tax 2290?

Yes! You can transfer the unused heavy use tax from your previous truck and apply it to your new truck. Log into your ExpressTruckTax account and add your old truck as a credit vehicle when you e-file 2290 for your new rig.

Form 2290 due date the last day of the month following the vehicles first used month. For example, if a truck is first used in October, then the Form 2290 is due by November 31st.

The technical answer for this is: The Heavy Vehicle Use Tax does not transfer between vehicles or owners. However, the IRS will allow you to claim a credit for taxes paid on the old truck.

Ready to try ExpressTruckTax?

Returning User? Sign in

Do you still have question?