What should I do if my 2290 credits are more than the amount I owe the IRS?
6.8k views | Last modified 6/7/2023 7:19:40 AM EST | Added by ExpressTruckTax Team

Applicable To
Form 2290 Form 8849 Amendments

If your 2290 credits are more than your current year HVUT, you cannot claim the remaining amount using Form 2290. Your credits will be deducted to pay your HVUT and the remaining amount needs to be claimed by filing Form 8849 Schedule 6.

ExpressTruckTax automatically generates your Form 8849 with your adjusted credits, if your credit amount is higher than your HVUT. Once you e-file your Form 2290 return, you can submit your automatically created Form 8849 to the IRS.


Was this helpful? Yes No

File Your Form 2290 Online & Get Schedule 1 in minutes

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6005 support@expresstrucktax.com