How do I mail a check or money order to the IRS?
2.4k views |
Last modified 5/11/2022 10:52:24 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTruckTax Team
If you choose Check or Money Order as your payment method while filing your Form 2290, here's how you can make your HVUT payment to the IRS.
1. Make your check or money order payable to the "United States Treasury". Do not send cash.
2. Write your EIN, daytime phone number, and "Form 2290" on your check or money order.
3. Print and Enclose the payment voucher 2290-V
4. Do not staple or attach your payment to the voucher.
5. Mail the check with voucher 2290-V to the following address:
Internal Revenue Service,
P.O. Box 932500,
Louisville, KY 40293-2500.