What happens if I do not file Form 2290 within the deadline?
2.2k views |
Last modified 9/15/2020 4:42:23 AM EST
If you do not file Form 2290 before the deadline, you will be subjected to penalties and interest. The penalties and interest involved in not filing Form 2290 or underpayment of taxes will be high.
Form 2290 penalty and interest for late filing
- A penalty of 4.5% of the total tax due, assessed monthly for up to five months for not filing Form 2290 within the given deadline.
- A monthly penalty of 0.5% of the total tax due for underpayment of HVUT.
- Additional interest charges of 0.54% per month accrue.
If you owe penalties, the IRS will notify you via letter to the address on the return. Payment of penalties cannot be made using ExpressTruckTax. You must pay penalties and interest directly to the IRS.
E-file Form 2290 using ExpressTruckTax
ExpressTruckTax recommends you to file and pay HVUT taxes by the deadline to avoid penalties. If you are unsure about the Form 2290 due date, you can refer to our ExpressTruckTac 2290 filing deadline page.
Never forget to file your tax return. Always be on time. If you miss it, there might be penalties imposed on you. Why waste your hard-earned money on penalties. E-file Form 2290 today and receive your stamped Schedule 1 in a few minutes. The following steps will help you file your tax return at ExpressTruckTax.
- Create or sign in to the ExpressTruckTax account.
- Click on Start New Return option and enter all the necessary information.
- Transmit your return to the IRS.
- Get the stamped Schedule 1 once the IRS approves your tax return.
Our 100% US-based bilingual support team is available in both Spanish and English for your convenience. Please contact the ExpressTruckTax team via phone, email, or live chat for any questions about your Form 2290. We are supporting our customers round the clock!!