I filed my Form 2290 with the wrong VIN. What should I do?
2.4k views | Last modified 6/8/2023 5:20:43 AM EST

Applicable To
Form 2290 Form 8849 Amendments

If you had filed your Form 2290 return with the wrong Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the IRS has accepted the return, you must file a VIN Correction Form to amend your VIN. 

You can file this return by clicking "VIN Correction" in "Form 2290 Amendments" under "Start New Return" using ExpressTruckTax. For detailed instructions for correcting the VIN using our application, click here.

ExpressTruckTax saves information from your original return, and when you are filing the VIN correction form, you can select the required truck from the dropdown. All the other information will be auto-updated. If you had filed your original return with us, you could file the VIN correction return.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File Your Form 2290 Online & Get Schedule 1 in minutes

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6005 support@expresstrucktax.com