Do I get a tax credit if I drove my truck less than 5,000 miles last year?
3.1k views | Last modified 5/12/2022 4:16:10 AM EST | Added by ExpressTruckTax Team

Applicable To
Form 2290 Form 8849 Amendments

If you had reported your vehicle as a taxable vehicle and paid the required HVUT while filing your Form 2290 last year, and the vehicle doesn't exceed the 5000-mile limit (7500 for agricultural vehicles), you can get a refund of the HVUT paid as low-mileage credit.

The low-mileage credit can be used to pay your HVUT while filing your Form 2290 for the following year. You can also claim your low-mileage credit by filing a Form 8849 Schedule 6

If you file your Form 2290 with ExpressTruckTax and your HVUT is lesser than your low-mileage credits, your Form 8849 Schedule 6 will be automatically generated with the adjusted credit.

ExpressTruckTax offers a 100% US-based support via phone, email, or live chat in both Spanish and English.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File Your Form 2290 Online & Get Schedule 1 in minutes

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6005