How to E-file Form 2290 VIN Correction with ExpressTruckTax?
2.3k views | Last modified 6/7/2023 1:55:18 AM EST | Added by ExpressTruckTax Team

Applicable To
Form 2290 Form 8849 Amendments

If you had filed a Form 2290 return with the wrong Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and the return is accepted by the IRS, you can make changes to your return by e-filing Form 2290 VIN Correction. You could file your 2290 VIN correction Form for Free with ExpressTruckTax if you filed your original return with us.

Here's how you can file your Form 2290 with ExpressTruckTax:

  • Log in to your account.
  • Click on "Start New Return" and select "VIN Correction" under "Form 2290 Amendments".

Original return filed with ExpressTruckTax

  • Choose the option that says you filed your original return with us, and select the return you wish to amend.
  • You can now choose the vehicle with the wrong VIN, and information from the original return will appear.
  • Provide the correct VIN and transmit the return to the IRS for FREE.

Original return filed elsewhere

  • Select the option that says you have filed your original return elsewhere. (Including Paper Returns)
  • Provide tax year information, old VIN, and corrected VIN.
  • Pay and transmit it to the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File Your Form 2290 Online & Get Schedule 1 in minutes

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6005