I just completed my 2290 and realized I selected the wrong weight category. How do I correct this?
3.5k views | Last modified 7/20/2020 8:38:51 AM EST

Applicable To
Form 2290 Form 8849 Amendments

If you have already filed your Form 2290 and selected the wrong weight category, you will have to file an amended return to change your weight category. ExpressTruckTax automatically calculates the remaining tax due for the increase in the weight of the truck.

To file your Form 2290 Amendment, and correct your weight category, follow these instructions:

1. Log in to your ExpressTruckTax account. 
2. Click "Start a New Return." 
3. Select "Taxable Gross Weight Increase." 
4. Choose whether you had filed your original return with us. 
5. Complete the subsequent steps and transmit your return to the IRS. 

If you had filed your original Form 2290 return with us, you could file your amended return for free.

Was this helpful? Yes No

File Your Form 2290 Online & Get Schedule 1 in minutes

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 234-6005 support@expresstrucktax.com