I just completed my 2290 and realized I selected the wrong weight category. How do I correct this?
3.3k views |
Last modified 7/20/2020 8:38:51 AM EST
If you have already filed your Form 2290 and selected the wrong weight category, you will have to file an amended return to change your weight category. ExpressTruckTax automatically calculates the remaining tax due for the increase in the weight of the truck.
To file your Form 2290 Amendment, and correct your weight category, follow these instructions:
1. Log in to your ExpressTruckTax account.
2. Click "Start a New Return."
3. Select "Taxable Gross Weight Increase."
4. Choose whether you had filed your original return with us.
5. Complete the subsequent steps and transmit your return to the IRS.
If you had filed your original Form 2290 return with us, you could file your amended return for free.