I have just completed my 2290 and realized I selected the wrong weight category. How do I correct this?
3.9k views |
Last modified 7/8/2021 5:44:41 AM EST
If you have already filed your Form 2290 but selected the wrong weight category, you will have to file an amended return to change your weight category. ExpressTruckTax automatically calculates the remaining tax due for an increase in the weight of the truck.
- Log in to your ExpressTruckTax account or create a new account.
- Click "Start a New Return”, then go down to the tab labeled “Form 2290 Amendments”.
- Click the button that says “Start Form 2290 Amendment”.
- Select the "Taxable Gross Weight Increase" option.
- Choose whether or not you have filed your original return with us.
- Complete the following steps on the form and transmit your return to the IRS.