How do I file Form 2290 for a single vehicle using ExpressTruckTax?
532 views |
Last modified 8/11/2020 7:25:51 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTruckTax Team
Form 2290 is an annual return filed for heavy vehicles that are operated on the public highways to calculate and pay the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) for a tax year. Filing a Form 2290 return might seem a little complicated, but with ExpressTruckTax, you can file your return in a matter of minutes. We provide an interview-based filing along with a step-by-step guide to help you file your Form 2290 in a jiffy.
Here's how you can file Form 2290 for a single vehicle with ExpressTruckTax:
- Log in to your ExpressTruckTax account.
- Provide your business details such as your Employer Identification Number (EIN), business name, address, and signing authority information.
- Once you enter your business details, click on "Start New Return" and select "E-file for a 1 Truck" in the dashboard.
- You must now select your tax year and choose your First Used Month.
- Provide your vehicle details such as Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Taxable Gross Weight Category, and choose whether it is used for logging purposes.
- Click on the "Suspended Vehicle" checkbox if you're vehicle is a suspended vehicle.
- You might be required to report your prior year suspended vehicles under certain conditions. Click here to know more.
- Choose the appropriate IRS payment method.
- Follow the prompts to complete your return.
- Enter five digits of your choice to e-sign your return and then transmit it to the IRS.
You will receive your stamped Schedule 1 through email, 5 minutes after you transmit your return to the IRS. You can also download copies of your stamped Schedule 1 from your dashboard.
ExpressTruckTax uses cloud-based software, which stores the information you enter while filing your return. This information will be auto-populated in your return while you file for the next year if you choose to, making it easier for you to file your return.
Our new feature, ExpressGuarantee, ensures to get you your Stamped Schedule 1 or to get a refund on your filing charges. Don't hesitate to contact the ExpressTruckTax support team through email, live chat, or phone.