How do I file Form 2290 for multiple vehicles using ExpressTruckTax?
1.2k views |
Last modified 5/12/2022 3:36:43 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTruckTax Team
Form 2290 is an annual return filed for heavy vehicles that are operated on public highways to calculate and pay the Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) for a tax year. Filing a Form 2290 return might seem a little complicated, but with ExpressTruckTax, you can file your return in a matter of minutes. We provide an interview-based filing along with a step-by-step guide to help you file your Form 2290 in a jiffy.
Multiple-vehicle filers can bulk upload information about multiple vehicles at once, and save a lot of time. The users can also report credit vehicles while filing for multiple vehicles.
Here's how you can file Form 2290 for multiple vehicles with ExpressTruckTax:
- Log in to your ExpressTruckTax account.
- Provide your business details such as your Employer Identification Number (EIN), business name, address, and signing authority information.
- Once you enter your business details, click on "Start New Return" and select "E-file for a Multiple Vehicles" in the dashboard.
- You must now select your tax year and choose your First Used Month.
- Enter the required information about your taxable vehicle.
- Enter the required information about your suspended vehicle.
- You might be required to report your prior year suspended vehicles under certain conditions. Click here to know more.
- If you filed Form 2290 for a taxable vehicle, and the vehicle was sold/stolen/destroyed during the tax year, report the vehicle here and use the HVUT paid for that vehicle as credits to pay your current HVUT.
- If you filed Form 2290 for a taxable vehicle, and the vehicle didn't exceed the mileage limit, you can claim a low-mileage credit and use it to pay your HVUT.
- Choose the appropriate IRS payment option.
- Follow the prompts to complete your return.
- Enter five digits of your choice to e-sign your return and then transmit it to the IRS.
If your credit amount is more than your current HVUT, you must file Form 8849 to claim the remaining amount. ExpressTruckTax automatically generates your Form 8849 based on your Form 2290 with the adjusted credit amount, making it easier for you.
You will receive your stamped Schedule 1 through email, 5 minutes after you transmit your return to the IRS. You can also download copies of your stamped Schedule 1 from your dashboard.
ExpressTruckTax uses cloud-based software, which stores the information you enter while filing your return. This information will be auto-populated in your return while you file for the next year if you choose to, making it easier for you to file your return.
Our new feature, ExpressGuarantee, ensures to get you your Stamped Schedule 1 or get a refund on your filing charges. Don't hesitate to contact the ExpressTruckTax support team through email, live chat, or phone.